Canberra United Football Club values the views and opinions of its fans and is dedicated to ensuring that they have a fantastic experience as a fan, both on matchday and in every other aspect of their engagement with the Club.
Made up of ten (10) voluntary members, Canberra United Member Representative Group meets with the Club including their CEO and other senior Club staff members a minimum of twice per year to share ideas and discuss a range of topics and issues.
The minutes from these meetings will be shared with all A-League Clubs and the League. Clubs will also table the output and feedback from these meetings with their Club owners.
This means the Club regularly hears from, and is influenced by, the people who matter most – its loyal Members and fans.
Each elected Member Representative will represent one of the following key demographic groups:
- Under 25s representative
- Over 65s representative
- LGBTQ+ fans representative
- Families’ representative
- Full Season Membership representative
- Flexi Season Membership representative
- Disabled supporters’ representative
As this is a newly formed group with no existing members or representatives, the Club welcomes applications for all groups.
What do we look for in representatives?
We are looking for dedicated Members who are comfortable engaging with the Club’s wider fanbase to gather views and feedback to represent their respective fan group in meetings with the Club.
Member Representatives will need to be able and willing to give reasonable time commitments to their role and ensure that they are able to comply with the role description below.
Aims of the Club MRG
- To set up a constructive communication channel between the Club and its fans
- To help the Club understand the issues that are most important to its fans
- To provide the Club with a platform to discuss new ideas with fans and seek their feedback on new initiatives
- To give fans the opportunity to present new ideas and suggestions directly to the Club
- To create a formal avenue for these ideas, issues, feedback, and suggestions to be tabled with the A-Leagues.
How to Apply and Application Process
We invite applications from Club Members who feel that they are well placed to represent a relevant fan group and who can devote the necessary time and resources to engage with the Club throughout the A-League Women’s season.
To apply to become a Fan/Member Representative, please submit a completed online application form no later than 21st JULY 2023. You can find the application form here and via the button below.
Following the closing date, an internal panel will review the applications before preparing a shortlist. Once the shortlist is finalised, the MRG Representatives will be selected via an interview panel of Club representatives.
Profiles of those shortlisted will then be invited to interview (in person or online) with a panel of three (3) Club representatives. The Club representatives will include the Club CEO and two other Club representatives at the discretion of the Club e.g.
- Head of Membership & Ticketing
- Head of Communications, Commentary & Marketing
Successful applicants will join as volunteers from August 2023 and will be appointed for 2 seasons – 2023/24 and 2024/25.